Friday, March 20, 2015

Book Tour Riddle of Fate by Tania Johansson




Riddle of Fate by Tania Johansson
Publication date: May 29th 2014
Genres: Paranormal, Young Adult

Synopsis:

Khaya’s life, a life the Order say was never meant to be, is thrown into turmoil when she discovers she has a second ability. The Company who employs people like her – with rare and special abilities – insists that having more than one inevitably leads down a dark spiral into madness. So they are watching and waiting, ready to terminate her at the first sign of trouble.
Now, on the run from the Company’s agents while trying to prove her sanity, Khaya realises they are not the only ones she should fear. Angels are working towards her demise as well.
The question that haunts her is this: What did she do that was terrible enough to elicit the wrath of angels? And can she trust the mysterious Derrin, or is he the cause of all her tribulations?


Purchase:


AUTHOR BIO
I grew up in a small town called Ficksburg in South Africa and moved with my family to England aged fifteen.

I then completed my schooling through a correspondence course from South Africa. This challenging time taught me a lot of self-discipline and determination. Qualities that have been invaluable while writing my first novel.

In 2004 I started studying optometry at Aston University in Birmingham, UK and currently I live and work as an optician in Kent.

In 2008, I married my wonderful husband, Tor. He has been such an amazing support and wealth of internet wizardry from when I started writing through to designing a cover for Book of Remembrance, to publishing my book on amazon as well as setting up this website. I cannot thank him enough.

Reading has always been one of my passions. I have fond memories of trawling through the library aged five (yes I was a geek from a young age!). More recently, I found myself wondering about the process writers must go through to complete a novel. I started thinking about how they would go about planning out a story and keeping track of all the various aspects of it. Finally, I decided to try my theories out. I have not looked back since!

I started writing Book of Remembrance end of May 2011 and finished it in December 2011. Since then, I have self-published it as an e-book on amazon. I have also started writing the follow up novel, which is untitled at the moment.

Author links:



My Review & Thoughts 
"Every single person who becomes a Collector is like me. They have an ability." 

The beginning of this book started off very confusing. It jumped right into a situation, not really explaining it's surroundings. Khaya works for a company who uses her abilities, which is foreseeing the future, scribble it down and pass it in. She can not read what she seen. A murder has happened and Khaya and her ally Derrin must unravel who committed the murder. Twist and secrets are revealed. People who Khaya thought were close may be the enemy. 

This book is mixed with paranormal elements, the Collectors that cannot be seen by humans, special 
abilities. The world itself needed to be explained more. I actually have no clue the time or anything much of this world. I wish that that aspect of story was more explained into detail. 

The romance was very well built in the story, taking it's time to come about which is much appreciated! A bit predictable but none the less, smooth sailing. I like when books let the characters know one another instead of the rush of instant love!  
"And knowing you now, seeing what a remarkable woman you've turned into, I am certain I was sent to you that day for a reason."

Half way through the book the action picks up immensely! Lots of action and fighting for life! It is fun and quick Teen/Young Adult book with a mix of an adventure and romance. It is told in different characters view, giving a different mind of what's going on. This book can be read as a standalone! Recommended read! 


"We'll kill you," Meir said, "and hunt Derrin down."



-
[Share to Pinterest]

9 comments:

  1. Great review, Pandora! This sounds like a fun read and I like the sounds of the romance! Glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sound of the romance in this novel, I'm glad you liked it for the most part x thanks for sharing & great review.

    Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Benish! Yes the book had it's good and ok parts but overall an enjoyable read. Thanks for visiting :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the author could use some practice in world building, but I am glad you wound up enjoying it enough to recommend it and I like that the action picks up :) Great review, though I don't think this book is for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah! I do think if the world was built it could have made this book a whole different read :) Thank you!

      Delete
  4. It's the first time I hear about this one but it sounds like a nice one! It's too bad about the story details but well I can live with that. thanks for the discovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Melliane! It was also a new read to me but that's what makes blogging awesome, finding all these hidden gems! :)

      Delete
  5. Hmm, this one doesn't sound like my cup of tea although the concept is engaging - I'm glad you enjoyed it for the most part. Lovely review x <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete