Sunday, March 8, 2015

Book Room Pick: The Duff by Kody Keplinger


Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “Duffy,” she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren’t so great at home right now. Desperate for a distraction, Bianca ends up kissing Wesley. And likes it. Eager for escape, she throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with Wesley.

Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out that Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.

Add to Goodreads


My Thoughts: 
I was not a fan of this book! Ugh I just did not like Bianca and the way things meshed together was not working for me. It seemed force attraction and I'm pretty sure the kissing scenes got on my nerve. However I did like the concept of the story, designated ugly fat friend, it is pretty different from the young adult reads in high school BUT it ends all the same. Well why do I have it in the Book Room Pick?? The trailer to be quite honest! It looked hilarious and reminded me of the good old days with fun movies like 10 Things I hate About You, She's All That, catch my drift (yes I watched these over and over on VHS) Watching the trailer, I asked myself, did I read the same book because I don't remember it in that view. Bianca to me seem boring  in the read. The good things is I plan to reread before the movie (hopefully) see if I missed anything, maybe it will be different  the next time around and of course watch the movie. 

Happy Reading! 



[Share to Pinterest]

8 comments:

  1. Yikes.. disappointed you didn't like this book :( I've been hearing mixed reviews about this one but I do want to check it out for myself. I need to know what was so great that it was made into a movie lol lovely review<3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Benish! I see you got a copy below! I was surprised it was a movie but I think the concept made it a great opportunity for a comedy in the high school world. I hope you read it soon to see what your thoughts are! Maybe I missed something... :)

      Delete
  2. I got a copy of this recently, I'm hoping to find what was so great about this novel that it turned into a movie lol Disapponted it didn't work out off you .. Love the review x Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this does not sound like a good time. Personally, Bianca sounds like she would get on my nerves! Lovely review, but I don't think this will be heading to my tbr list anytime soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sarah! Ha yes, it was pretty short of read but I just didn't get or liked how she ended up with the Mr Popular so easily, like bam in love! :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this book yet but I've heard stuff about this book that aren't really pretty, including yours. I don't wanna read about a heroine that I'll obviously dislike and I'm not fond of YA romance. But thanks for sharing! Oh, new follower via Bloglovin! :)

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reviews were definitely up and down for this book, I guess maybe have to be in the mood for it! It has to be built chemistry for me not instant unless something dramatic happens. Thanks for visiting! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh sorry it was different from what you expected... I heard a lot about the book but I haven't tried it I confess and I'm not sure I'll. But maybe the movie. Hope the next time is better!

    ReplyDelete