Thursday, March 5, 2015

Book Room Pick: The Bronze Horseman by Paulina Simons




The golden skies, the translucent twilight, the white nights, all hold the promise of youth, of love, of eternal renewal. The war has not yet touched this city of fallen grandeur, or the lives of two sisters, Tatiana and Dasha Metanova, who share a single room in a cramped apartment with their brother and parents. Their world is turned upside down when Hitler's armies attack Russia and begin their unstoppable blitz to Leningrad.
Yet there is light in the darkness. Tatiana meets Alexander, a brave young officer in the Red Army. Strong and self-confident, yet guarding a mysterious and troubled past, he is drawn to Tatiana—and she to him. Starvation, desperation, and fear soon grip their city during the terrible winter of the merciless German siege. Tatiana and Alexander's impossible love threatens to tear the Metanova family apart and expose the dangerous secret Alexander so carefully protects—a secret as devastating as the war itself—as the lovers are swept up in the brutal tides that will change the world and their lives forever.
Add to Goodreads
My Thoughts 
An emotional love story that goes through life changing obstacles, boarder line death situation, and unimaginable decisions. Whew! If that Goodreads page count is accurate...912 pages! I am shocked that I finish a book that long! That's probably why I had to take multiple breaks in between (literally a week break). 
This relationship with Tatiana and Alexander will evoke mixed emotions of love, hate, anger, satisfaction, and the list goes on. At times I was so agitated with Tatiana that I didn't want to read her nonsense of a mind but this book was very intriguing, it sucked me in till the end. I really wanted to know mainly how they were going to survive the destruction of the war. It is an on going series I hope to finish sometime soon! 

[Share to Pinterest]

5 comments:

  1. 900+ pages? HOLY MOLLY. But, I'm always fascinated to read about the lives of those who lived during this dark time in history. Even if it is fiction :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaa Unless it was an error in Goodreads, it sure did feel like a very long book. It was broken down to parts as well. :) Then definitely give this one a try. It was very fascinating learning about how this little family survived during the destruction around them. That alone was a spotlight for the book plus romance. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This series is my ALL-TIME favorite!!! I couldn't get enough of Tatia and Shura...it was EPIC!!! All three books were my favoriteand I often go back TBH when I'm in the mood for something beautiful like that story! Fabulous review Pandora! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's really long.. o.O I do like that cover though, it seems beautiful - I haven't heard of this one before, but the love story sounds extremely cute. Thanks for sharing :) Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I'm also impressed... 912 pages is quite a lot lol. I hope you'll enjoy all the books in the series like that!

    ReplyDelete