Monday, December 8, 2014

Review No Regret & No Fear (book 1 & 2) by Heather Allen


Blurb:
Greylan Pace has been a fighter his entire life...

He's worked hard to get to the top as a mixed martial arts fighter, and finally his time in the spotlight has come. Everything he's ever wanted is at his fingertips.

Then, one event changed his life forever...

Now Greylan finds himself back on top, going to battle in the biggest fight of his life. But he soon learns that what he's strived for means nothing in comparison to his fight to keep his sister, his best friend Christina, and Mollie Andrews, the girl he can't stop thinking about.

He fights with everything he's got to keep his focus on his goal, but for the first time ever, he's afraid he might lose.



Cover: LOVE! It matches the story line and not to bad looking ;)
4/5 for both books
Genre(s) contemporary romances, new adult romance
Heat level: Fair, just enough but not heavy scenes only in reference
Tags: MMA, fighter, Mob, romance
Can not be read as a standalone and must be read in order

The author is very talented writer. The books are well written in MALE POV only! And she does a great job at it by not making it to 'mushy' or mixing into a weak male. The story flows deeply into the main characters life, Grey, and his family. It's not a quick to plot but builds up for the upcoming books in the series.

Book 1
My thoughts & review
The book is about a MMA fight Greylan who finds himself in trouble after falling in love with a mysterious Mollie which he nicknames Red. He has many more problems then just Red, his sis Trinity, best friend loyalty, and the Mob.

What I loved about the book:
  • It was a well written story. It built up and did not jump to an ending or rush. 
  • Grey, he's a different type of leading man 
  • Parker! Now even though he has snippets here and there I think he's destined to have his own story! (Hint*) 
  • Now who doesn't love a fighter??!

Excert No Regret (book 1)
When we exit the cage, everything seems muffled around me as if I have cotton stuffed into my ears. My body is broken over the fact that I just had to lose on purpose. Jackson pats me on the back, obviously fearing I’ll take it harder than he is. In an attempt to make nice with Jimmy for Jax’s sake, I call it an early night, needing to get away. As my feet move, taking me away from the holding room, away from the lie I just allowed to happen, Vincent Luciano approaches me in the deserted hallway. His voice void of feeling, he says, “I know that was a hard one. We’re glad you did as you were told. There will be wins and losses. Now that you’re on the payroll, you do as I say.”



Book 2
Blurb:
Greylan Pace believed fighting was everything.

He thought making it as an MMA fighter in the pro circuit was the ultimate of goals.


Now he faces the ultimate betrayal.

He realizes goals and dreams never stay the same, and loyalty is fleeting. His life has taken another turn and he finds himself fighting for entirely different reasons.

Against a new opponent.

The mob.

This battle isn’t for a title, but a fight for his life, and his ‘family’ who are more important to him than anything else.

Against an opponent who doesn’t play by the rules…



My thoughts & review 
We continue to follow Greylan as the plot was unraveled at the end of book one rolling into book two. More secrets are unraveled, new love interest, and a closing to Grey's story BUT possibly a spinoff?!

I do think the end of the book was a bit rushed to wrap it up but it was still a great read!

After reading both books, I hope there's a story on his sister, Trinity <3

Excerpt No Fear (book 2
The part that made me want to go after him and find him was when he started threatening her. He told her that, if I didn’t back off the fights, I’d be missing her and not just for a few hours. He told her that this was his last chance with the mob to get things right. Next time they would send the big guys again. I barely spoke when she finished. I couldn’t form any words through the anger. I had to keep reminding myself that he didn’t touch her. It calmed me down more, but the mere fact that he threatened her infuriates me. After she had relived the ordeal, I held her all night and vowed not to let her out of my sight again, no matter what.

Amazon link to purchase No Fear

[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment