Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Review The Letting by Cathrine Goldstein



Blurb:
What if the Devil doesn’t know he’s the Devil? This is the question Veronica “Ronnie” Billings poses to Phoenix, her sworn enemy, the leader of the Peaceful Revolution, and the one she loves. Kidnapped by Phoenix’s rebels, Ronnie learns how wrong she has been. She had no idea that her patriotism was wasted on a corrupt government. Ronnie was proud to be a Leader; taking hundreds of harvested girls to the Letting facility. After all, she was saving them from future Couplings and bringing them to the safety of the New World. Or so she thought… Confused, Ronnie realizes the only way to discover the truth is to trust her heart. Together, Phoenix and Ronnie devise a plan to stop their corrupt government and preempt the dangerous rebel coup which is approaching. But when their plan goes awry, will Ronnie be strong enough to save Phoenix, her country, and herself?


My Review and Thoughts
3.5/5 
Cover: perfect! It definitely grabbed my attention to find out more of the book! 
Genre(s) apocalyptic, romance, young adult, teens, new adult
Tag(s) rebellion, new world, action 
Romance level moderate 
It can possibly be read as a standalone but it has points that were not tied to suggest a next book in a series.

Veronica Billings has led the highest number of girls to 'the letting'. Little does she know she's leading these girls to their death wish and to what she believed was the promise land. Being the last 'O' she finds out the truth of 'the letting'. She embarks on a journey with a rebellious leader, Phoenix, to uncover the truth and take down the new world leader. 

Apocalyptic fans! Here is a new book with a unique twist in a story line to be read!  Action, rebels, leader, new world...
The book takes a turn half way through. There was many times I was thinking something was going to happen and the author surprised me by going in whole different direction.

I hope in the next book the plot is explained more and Veronica shows more combat skills! To me, it was briefly explained and left open to add on to or possibly change in future books. 
The book for me was also more focus on the romance building than the reasoning of 'the letting'. 
I'm looking forward to finding out more of the 'villain' of the book. He seems to have his own story waiting to be told!

The author has a great imagination of a story line she created in this book. It has potential on becoming an adventurous series to look forward to! Recommend read 

Amazon Link



Mini Excerpt
“How’s that sir?” I ask, my voice weak and hoarse. 
“Your life, the very essence of you, Veronica, will be running inside of me. I will know what you think, what you feel and whom you love because I will be you. Now and forever more.” He smiles and this time his smile is distorted and snakelike. 
My body begins to shake violently. “Yes sir,” I manage to squeak out, the bile turning in my stomach. Farnsworth and I are connected? Forever? How could that be possible? I look at the door to see if I can escape, but I know the answer. There is no way possible. Within the matter of an hour or less, my blood will be poured into a man made of pure evil. I feel my heart rate get away from me, and at once, all of the Lettors turn to face the heart rate monitor. 
“Ah,” Farnsworth exclaims with a smug expression on his face. “We finally found something that makes the great Veronica Billings react. Now the question is, why?” He smiles again. “I’ll leave you to your business.” He is pushed toward the door, but he reaches down to stop his wheelchair abruptly. He looks at me. “Oh, and Veronica…I look forward to feeling you all over me.” He is wheeled out the door.
[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment