Friday, November 14, 2014

Review Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel by C.D. Gorri



"Hi. My name is Grazi Kelly. There are things I know are true and things that I never would have guessed. First, demons and witches exist and they are evil. Second, the world is up for grabs and the witches are getting their minions ready. Third, I'm a werewolf and it's my job to stop them."

High school sophomore Grazi Kelly leads an ordinary life in the suburbs of New Jersey helping her grandmother with chores and attending Catholic school. 

Things are pretty good except for her bullying cousin and the rest of the obnoxious cheer team. Then things take a frightening turn when the night of the full moon arrives and the bodies start piling up. Grazi learns that she is different in ways she never expected. She finds herself torn between Sebastian, the school soccer star and Ronan, a foreign exchange student who shares her secret. She must uncover the identity behind the mysterious attacker, but is she ready for the entire truth? 

Complimentary copy given by author for a honest review
4/5
Genre(s) Teen/Young adult, Urban Fantasy
Series: Second book is available
Cover: If you look at the moon you will see a wolf which I didn't see at first, pretty neat!
Tags: wolves, pack, witches, fantasy, teens, highschool, strong female


We follow Grazi through high school as she's in self discovery of a secret. She not only finds out her true identity but the many lies surrounding her circle. Many new characters are introduce to join in on Grazi's becoming a werewolf and her new purpose. 

Beginning of the book gives the reader a great quick review of our main chic, Grazi pronounced (grah-tzee) which I love when authors give pronunciation for names. I know I butchered quite a few names in my head before. It does have a lot of religious reference but it is not a religious book. The reference is to the story line of where the creatures all play into each other. There's some high school drama in the mix with her cousin. The real action doesn't start till mid book, patiently wait till you get there. It does pick up and new interest comes around, Ronan and he's quite...fascinating. Grazi and Ronan chemistry is just starting and I'm sure it's going to build in the next book. The only thing I disliked about the book is the reasoning behind Grazi being "special". Maybe there's more to it in the next book, if not that may disappoint. 

There is cliffhangers and left unfinished to continue in the next book in the series

Recommended read I'm sure this will be a favorite for many teens and young adults who love the 

things that go bump, hot werewolves, strong female lead, and love interest, or should I say interestS!


Goodreads Link
Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel

To purchase on Amazon link
Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel Amazon


Excerpt:
Old habits die hard I guess because despite being a wolf at the time I made my way over to the Church. Since I was a little girl any time I had a problem Nonna would take me to Church and tell me to pray for the answers. I would too, you know, do my praying or mental texting to God, or the Angels or Saints, or my parents. To whoever was best suited to answer my questions I guess. This time I knew exactly who I needed to talk to and it wasn’t with prayer. The heavy wooden door that led inside the Church was propped open with an old brick. I could hear the cleaning crew working away scrubbing the old marble floors. A radio played classical music softly in the background. I made my way inside, careful not to make a noise. He was close. I could smell him. I headed down the corridor to the adjoining Rectory. That door was propped open also. I walked down the carpeted stairs to where the scent got stronger. This was it, his door.
I scratched at the old oak door with my large front paw. The sensation was strange, but I was getting used to it. The door opened and Ronan dropped the bottle of water he was holding. He wore a pair of pajama bottoms and a white tank top. Music blasted from a set of headphones still wrapped around his neck.
“Oh, shite! Maria, get in here!” Ronan pushed the door open wide for me then quickly shut and locked it. He was careful not to look me in the eyes. Good move on his part because I was not feeling too gracious. He took off his headphones and mp3 player and set them on his desk. I growled at him and he bent almost in half as if he were bowing to me.
“Okay, okay. Look, I’m sorry. Sean told me you heard. It’s not what you’re thinking though.” I growled again, this time he fell to his knees and bowed his head. “Alright, look, Maria, I cannot talk if you force me to bend down like this. Please, I’m sorry. Let me up.” Confused I stopped my growling. He sagged into a more comfortable sitting position almost immediately. His head was still cocked at a submissive angle and his eyes were on the floor. He was frustrated and nervous, I could tell by the set of his shoulders and by the scent coming off of him. Yeah, I can smell emotions. I’m such a weirdo.
“Can I look at you?”
“What do you mean can you look at you I’m right here you dope!”
“No, I know you’re right there, but I mean do I have your permission to look right at you?” He clenched his teeth as he asked. It must have really galled him. I simply didn’t care. Too many things were happening and I didn’t understand half of them. For a girl who was smarter than the average bear, or wolf, I was frustrated beyond belief at this point. I needed to understand even just the tiniest of basics. Like How to be a Werewolf for Dummies or something.
“Wait, can you hear me like this?”
“Aye. I can? I mean, I can. Wow, I can hear you!” He straightened with the realization.
“Okay, well, um great. Yeah, you can look at me.” Ronan slowly turned his eyes, his head still cocked to the side. He held his hands up as if I were pointing a gun at him. He stared at me for a full minute then lowered his hands. He looked at me in my wolf form with his intense green eyes. It was sort of like being naked before him. There was no way I could hide or lie about what or who I was, not like that.
“Beautiful.” It came out a whisper from his lips, but I heard it. He turned around quickly and grabbed a knit throw blanket from his bed.
“Here you’ll want this now.” He dropped the blanket at my feet, er paws just as I started to feel shaky. I didn’t know what he meant, but then I felt a familiar crackle of electricity and a shiver started to crawl its way up my spine, gaining in intensity. I felt as if someone threw a punch to my backbone and I wondered for a minute if  he didn’t hit me. But then my skin stretched and my bones cracked. It
wasn’t exactly painful, but it wasn’t as quick as my change to wolf. I’d have to work on that."

Excerpt From: C. D. Gorri. “Wolf Moon: A Grazi Kelly Novel.” iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.
















[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment