Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Review: Angelfall (1) by Susan Ee (Urban Fantasy, Apocalyptic, Young Adult)



It’s been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back. Anything, including making a deal with Raffe, an injured enemy angel. Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they journey toward the angels’ stronghold in San Francisco, where Penryn will risk everything to rescue her sister and Raffe will put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.


5/5 Highly recommended read and on my memorable book reads!
Genre(s) apocalyptic, young adult, urban fantasy
Tags: angels, kick ass female lead, action, journey, apocalyptic, romance
Cover:  Simplicity!

My review:
...convinces me that the apocalypse is here is the crunching of smartphones under my feet.
Where do I begin?! One of my favorite books and I just don't know where to start or sum up!

Angelfall is based in post apocalypse modernize time; cities are ruined, humans are dead and missing. The few that survived are fighting for survival, like our heroine Penryn, from Angels. Not just any ordinary angels, these angels are kick ass no mercy type. Penryn starts on her journey with the kidnapping help of 'fallen' archangel, Raffe! (swoon...hearts and lots of them) Penryn and Raffe both have their own agenda in their travels, Penryn to rescue her sister and Raffe to get his wings back on. Along the way, they face many obstacles and meet many new characters.
This is the first book in the Penryn and the End of Days. Second Book 'World After' is available to purchase. I'm still stalking looking out for book number three!

The only complaint I would have is I wish it was longer! Haa

What I loved about Angelfall
  • Susan Ee writing is so vividly written in this book, that the images easily come about and form the book she wanted to achieve
  • Raffe! I LOVE (understatement if I can find a more devoted word I would insert here) Raffe!His attitude, personality, looks...everything!  "“My friends call me Wrath,” says Raffe. “My enemies call me Please Have Mercy."  
  • Penryn, I love kick ass female leads! "I'm NOT as helpless as the average teen." And she proves this throughout the whole book! 
  • NO instant love! LOTS of chemistry but it doesn't happen over night here
Mini Excerpt:

"WE WALK for about an hour before Raffe whispers, “Does moping actually help humans feel better?” We’ve been whispering since we saw the victims on the road. “I’m not moping,” I whisper back. “Of course you’re not. A girl like you, spending time with a warrior demigod like me. What’s to mope about? Leaving a wheelchair behind couldn’t possibly show up on the radar compared to that.” I nearly stumble over a fallen branch. “You have got to be kidding me.” “I never kid about my warrior demigod status.”
“Oh. My. God.” I lower my voice, having forgotten to whisper. “You are nothing but a bird with an attitude. Okay, so you have a few muscles, I’ll grant you that. But you know, a bird is nothing but a barely evolved lizard. That’s what you are.” He chuckles. “Evolution.” He leans over as if telling me a secret. “I’ll have you know that I’ve been this perfect since the beginning of time.” He is so close that his breath caresses my ear. “Oh, please. Your giant head is getting too big for this forest. Pretty soon, you’re going to get stuck trying to walk between two trees. And then, I’ll have to rescue you.” I give him a weary look. “Again . ” I pick up my pace, trying to discourage the smart comeback that I’m sure will come."



Angelfall Amazon link to purchase
Angelfall Susan Ee Amazon
[Share to Pinterest]

No comments:

Post a Comment